Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back from vacation!

We had a great trip to Orlando. He had several TIAs while we were down south, but otherwise no medical issues. We covered lots of parks and the weather was super. I'll get some video and pictures up shortly.

It was a little touch and go for while the day we left. Ricky's platelets had fallen to 63K last Wednesday so he was unable to receive any chemo, which needs at least 75K. On Thursday (Feb 12th), he and his Mom went back up to Dana Farber to see what direction the count was heading before we flew, and it had dropped to 59K. A platelet transfusion got his count up to 94K, so off we went. Today, he had 87K, a good number. We did a 50% reduction in dosage to get the platelets stable. He had no nausea today during treatment.


Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill -- I"ve had Ricky in my prayers for a long time and will continue to. If he needs any platelets I'm happy to donate, I'm a regular donor at DFCI and I'm sure they can arrange it if he needs any. Stay strong.
Kathy Cervon