Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All of a sudden, it's July!

Sorry for the delay in updates, but no news is good news in this case. Ricky has been feeling fine, especially since the red blood cell transfusion. No TIAs, good energy, all things considered, he's doing darn good! His numbers last week were okay, no major issues. His food choices remain the same - crazy breakfast was stuffed jalapeno peppers one morning, pizza and pancakes with sausage another. He's enjoying some time off from school, and the extra sleep has been good for him too.

He and I went to the Summernational car show on the 4th, he walked a good couple of miles up and down some big hills on a real July day- it was hot! We've been going to this each year sine he was six, we missed last year because he got nauseous on the ride there, so it was great to be back again. Very emotional for me.

Wednesday we go to Dana Farber, and hopefully he will be able to get the Avastin as planned, because we are going on our annual white mountains trip directly from there. This will be our third year heading north since he got sick and I had my heart attack. I didn't think we would be able ever go again back in 2007.

I've learned so much on this journey, but above all, I have learned that you always have to have faith. Many of you have inspired me. I humbly thank you for that!
Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

still praying for you and your family